Monday, December 3, 2012

Marshmallow Popcorn

Review by Lyndee:
I’m always looking for sweet treats to have around our house.  Rather than creating another chocolate treat, I decided to switch it up a bit.  This recipe looked easy enough and the picture reminded me of my Grandma Hageman’s popcorn balls of my youth. 

½ cup brown sugar
½ cup butter
9-10 marshmallows
12 cups popcorn

Pop one bag of microwave popcorn (depending on the brand this will yield 10.5-12 cups).  Melt brown sugar and butter in the microwave for 2 minutes.  Stir and add marshmallows.  Microwave for another 1-2 minutes until all melted together when stirred.  

Pour over popcorn. Let set for a few minutes and enjoy.


I burned the first bag of popcorn and ended up throwing that away.  The 2nd bag came out better but after we tried our sweet treat, we realized that there were a lot of old maids or unpopped kernels in the popcorn which is slightly annoying.  The flavor is great and it’s chewy, sweet goodness if you don’t mind spitting out a few kernels here and there.  Took about 5 minutes to make and cost me nothing as we had all ingredients in the cupboard.  

No comments:

Post a Comment