Monday, March 11, 2013

BLT Rollers

For our crafting at the cabin recipe, I used a recipe I found off the Kraft Recipes site -- http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/blt-rollers-124708.aspx.  Very easy, and very delicious.

Here's what you'll need (via kraft recipes):

First , I would recommend doubling this recipe if you're making it for a party.  Once batch is really not enough for more than four people or so.

  • 4 oz. Cream Cheese
  • 1/4 Cup Mayo
  • 8 slices Bacon, cooked, crumbled (I just purchased the bacon crumbles you can find near the Baco Bits in the grocery store -- much easier and tasted just as good!)
  • 1/2 cup chopped tomoatoes
  •  2 flour tortillas (I used tomato tortillas)
  • 1/2 cup shredded romaine lettuce (I used spinach leaves)
Here's what you do:
  • Mix cream cheese and mayo in medium bowl.  Add bacon and tomatoes; mix well.
  • Spread onto tortillas; top with lettuce/spinach.  Roll up tightly.
  • Cut each into 7 diagonal slices.  This seemed very small to me.  So, I cut each into about four non-diagonal slices.  By doing that they sat better in the serving container, and you got more of a taste of the BLT flavor.  
These were delicious, and I would definitely make them again!

No comments:

Post a Comment