Thursday, March 14, 2013

Stuffed chilies & bacon cream cheese burger

Review by Lyndee:

Lean ground beef or turkey
Chilies & bacon cream cheese dip
Bun (I like to spray mine with I can’t believe it’s not butter and sprinkle garlic on it)
Garlic powder
Salt
Pepper

I had some chilies & bacon cream cheese dip leftover from food day at work so I thought to myself, I wonder how that would taste stuffed inside a burger.  

I hollowed out the center of a patty and spooned some dip inside.  I pinched the top onto the burger and put it in the pan.  Sprinkle with salt, pepper & garlic.  

I cooked it for a few minutes each side, same as I would any hamburger.  Apparently I didn’t pinch the top on perfectly because the cheese began to ooze out around the edges.  I threw this on my bun (sprayed with butter and sprinkled with garlic).  This was pretty good but could’ve used just a little more kick.  Of course I have a cold so I can't taste anything real well right now, so keep that in mind.  A slice of pepper jack? Spicy barbeque sauce?  I wanted more of the chilies to come through although the ooey cheese and bacon inside were a fun twist.  

No comments:

Post a Comment