Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Oven fried porkchops

Review by Rachael:

Ingredients:
4 pork chops, trimmed
2 Tablespoons butter, melted
1 egg, beaten
2 Tablespoons milk
¼ teaspoon black pepper
1 cup herb-seasoned dry bread stuffing mix

Preheat oven to 425, pour butter into a 9 x 13 baking pan.

Stir together egg, milk and pepper. Dip pork chops in egg mixture, coat with stuffing mix and place in pan.
Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes. Turn chops and bake for another 10 minutes, or until no pink remains.

I thought I had everything I needed for this recipe, but turns out I didn’t. So I had to improvise… turns out I did have Italian flavored crotons, so I crushed those and mixed them with some flour. I also mixed in a little Italian seasoning for some more flavor.

My chops were very thick and did not cook in the 20 minutes this recipe called for. I turned them again and put them in another 10. Which ended up being too long. They were now cooked but on the dry side and a little chewy. Next time I would either use smaller chops or only do an extra 5 minutes and check them.

I would recommend making these as they were quick to whip up and the herb-seasoning mix would add some nice flavor. 

No comments:

Post a Comment