Friday, November 2, 2012

Banana Bread


Review by Lyndee:
I’ve been wanting to try this banana bread for a while but every time my bananas started to go bad, my husband would throw them out.  Finally, he let the bananas go bad so that I could make my bread.  It sounded easy enough and I was excited to see how it stacked up to my mom’s.  Mom doesn’t put chocolate chips in hers so instantly, I thought I had an edge with this batch because you can never go wrong with chocolate. 

1 yellow cake mix
3-4 ripe bananas
1/3 cup oil
3 eggs
1 bag chocolate chips

Mash the bananas together in a bowl.  Add the rest of the ingredients and mix together well.  You can do it in an electric mixer if you have one. I decided to just go with a fork and work the arm muscles a bit.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Generously grease two 8x4 bread pans and dust with flour.  Bake for 45 minutes. 


I found I only had one bread pan so I used to mini corningware dishes as well.  I licked the spatula before I put it in the sink (because I’m classy like that) and it tasted pretty good. 


The house smelled wonderful while these were baking and when I took them out, they looked just about perfect.  But how did they taste?  Pretty dang good! They aren’t my mom’s made from scratch and with lots of love but they have chocolate chips, were much easier to whip together than hers and had a “lighter” feel to them.  I’m going to take it to work tomorrow and see what people think.  Banana bread for breakfast at The Principal.  Who’s excited? 


1 comment:

  1. This was really delicious! I will definitely have to give it a try myself.

    ReplyDelete