Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Mint brownies


Review by Lyndee:
My sweet tooth got the best of me last night and the cold weather outside turned my mind to minty goodness and baking, so I whipped up a ridiculously easy recipe for brownies using Andes Mints.

1 box brownie mix
¼ cup egg beater
3 tbsp oil
1/3 cup oil
4 ounces Andes mints (sliced into bits)

I realized I was out of eggs after I started mixing so I used egg beaters.  It tasted just fine so I will have to keep that idea in mind to save some cholesterol in future recipes.  Mix brownie batter as directed on box and preheat oven to 350.  I sliced up my mints with a knife and later thought, hey, that would’ve been a lot quicker if I had used a cheese grater.  We live, we learn, I guess.  Mix brownie batter and stir in mint pieces.  

Bake for 30 minutes (or as directed).  Let cool and serve. Or don’t let cool and top with a scoop of vanilla ice cream of frozen yogurt.  Come on, get crazy.  You know you want to. The kiddos loved these too! Mitchell actually moaned and asked if we could hide the pan just for him.  Sorry buddy, we’re going to have to share these.  

No comments:

Post a Comment