Saturday, January 26, 2013

Chicken Noodle Soup for the Sewer -- No Soul's Gonna Want This Crap!

It started like any other Saturday morning. It was cold outside and chicken noodle soup sounded delicious for lunch! I cooked up some chicken, and shredded it. Then, I cut up some celery and carrots and mixed It all up with a box of chicken broth and some water. THEN... I put uncooked egg noodles in the pot, and placed it all on warm in the slow cooker.

As I waited that morning until lunch, the house began to smell so enticing and my tummy began to growl.

When it came close to lunch time, I thought I'd go give it a stir. I gasped as I discovered the soup  became a paste! The noodles had disintegrated and when I tasted it, it tasted like someone had mixed flour and Elmer's glue into my soup. Needless to say, we did not eat it.  When a wooden spoon sticks straight up when stuck in the soup, THEN it is not soup!!!
I tried to feed it to my dog, and he couldn't even eat the whole thing.
Here he is after having a taste.
 
He soon walked away with a look of disappointment.



























And, after that I couldn't get him to come any closer to my ultimate fail.

However, lesson learned...boil your noodles right before serving and then add them to the soup!

No comments:

Post a Comment