Monday, January 28, 2013

Chocolate peanut butter puff corn...FAIL


Chocolate puff corn

Review by Lyndee:

Ingredients:
1 large bag of puff corn (butter flavored)
9 squares of chocolate almond bark
Peanut butter chips (optional)
Marshmallows (optional)

Melt almond bark, chips and marshmallows in the microwave (30 second intervals) and spread over puff corn.  Mix well. 

In my head this was going to be even better than the white chocolate puff corn. I mean, chocolate, peanut butter and marshmallows?  How could I go wrong?  Except it did go terribly wrong.  For whatever reason, I can never get chocolate almond bark to melt the same as white. I don’t know why but it’s a curse that follows me.  This experiment was no difference. It came out like liquid cement and dried in large clumps with the puff corn instead of a smooth, delicious coating.  The taste was ok if you got a clump of goodness but it looked like total crap and I’m counting this as a fail.  If anyone knows why the chocolate almond bark doesn’t want to melt for me as smoothly as the white, please let me know.  I’m at a loss.  

No comments:

Post a Comment