Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Buffalo Chicken Mashed Potatoes


I was home alone last night for dinner and was trying to come up with something fast and easy. I didn’t want red meat, wasn’t in the mood for fish but knew I couldn’t order a pizza either.  I was jonesing for something spicy.  What I came up with was perfect! It was ready in under 5 minutes, under 400 calories and it was yummy!  I made my healthified buffalo chicken dip but instead of eating it with tortilla chips I made some instant mashed potatoes with the help of my dear pal, Betty Crocker.  

2 cans 97% fat free chicken breast drained
2 tbsp. fat free ranch
2 tbsp. reduced fat cream cheese
¼ cup 2% shredded cheddar
Hot sauce to taste (I use 1-2 tbsp.)

Mix all of these ingredients in a microwave safe bowl and heat for 1 minute and 30 seconds.  Stir and continue heating in 30 second increments until warm and gooey. Meanwhile, boil 2 cups of water on the stove.  Once boiling, remove from heat and add the pouch of potatoes.  Fluff with a fork. 

Mix 1/3 of the potatoes and 1/3 of the buffalo chicken together in a dish and dive in.  So tasty! You can always add more hot sauce, salt, pepper, etc. if needed.  And I have leftovers for lunch too.  This was too easy and yummy (not to mention cheap) to not make it again.  

No comments:

Post a Comment