Friday, October 26, 2012

Ranch packet fiesta


Ranch packet fiesta

Review by Lyndee:
I got a little crazy with dinner last night.  My original thought was to make a stuffed ranch, bacon and cheese chicken burger.  Unfortunately I did not have any ground chicken in my freezer so I went with ground beef.  The normal version of this I found online is around 990 calories and 75 grams of fat, the restaurant version is around 1500.  Per usual, I healthified, and mine came in around 400 calories instead.  That’s reason enough for a party in my mind.  I made a burger for one since my husband doesn’t like ranch.  And decided to use the rest of the packet and bake some potatoes. 

Bacon, ranch & cheese burger
1/3-1/4 pound of lean ground beef (or chicken or turkey if you feel loco)
1 tbsp of ranch packet powder
1/8 cup of shredded cheese (regular, 2% or fat free)
1 tbsp of turkey bacon bits

Ranch potatoes
2 tbsp olive oil
Rest of ranch packet
1-2 medium potatoes (diced)

Mix together in a bowl, form into a patty and throw it on the grill.  Easy peezy.  For the potatoes, preheat oven to 450.  Slice potatoes into bite sized chunks.  In a ziplock baggie add 2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil and the rest of the ranch packet.  Swirl that around and add your potatoes.  Shake the bag until the potatoes are evenly coated.  Place in greased baking dish and bake for 30 minutes. 

Both of these came out delicious!  Applebee’s doesn’t have anything on the meal I created last night.  It was wonderful and much better than I could’ve ordered anywhere else.  

No comments:

Post a Comment