Monday, October 1, 2012

Pickle wrap dip


Review by Lyndee:
I love pickle wraps! You know, those great little appetizers you find at food days where you have a bite size pickle piece wrapped in cream cheese and ham or chipped beef.  I do not, however, love making them. I don’t have the time or the patience to wrap each pickle spear, smear the cream cheese, wrap in meat and slice up without them completely falling apart.  So one of my go to party dips is pickle wrap dip.  It’s so easy and tastes great.  It’s always a huge hit.

6-8 ozs sliced ham
2 cream cheese blocks (I use reduced fat)
8 dill pickle spears
1 box club crackers

Pat pickles dry with a paper towel.  Cut into chunks and run through a food processor so they are itty bitty pieces that look almost like relish. Add to two blocks of room temperature cream cheese.  Dice up ham into little pieces.  Add to the pickles and cream cheese.  Mix well with a fork until there are no large chunks of cream cheese left.  Chill in refrigerator and serve with club crackers.

I love this dip because it’s yummy, easy to make and cheap.  It goes over well at parties, food days or tailgating so I never have to worry about having a bunch of leftovers.  You can always add more or less of the ham or pickles, depending on the flavor you like.

No comments:

Post a Comment