Monday, October 29, 2012

Picture shelf


Review by Lyndee:
I was perusing the local Goodwill this weekend across this shelf.  I wasn’t exactly sure what I wanted to do with it but I knew I could figure something out.  I took it home and stared at it for a little bit while working in the kitchen until I decided I would attempt to make it into a shabby chic picture frame. 

I sanded it down a little bit, covered it in white paint and let it dry.  I debated doing another full coat and making it all white but decided I liked the really worn look instead.  I picked my pictures and used a spray adhesive to secure them. 

I added to small stickers to the wood as well.  The bottom one said family.  The top one said love and I was trying to cover up the mini plaque that was on the shelf. I had tried to remove it but it wasn’t coming off without destroying the shelf so I had painted over it.  But it was obvious it was still there. The top sticker didn’t set very well because of the gold piece.  It made the sticker bumpy and now it’s probably more obvious something was under there then if I had just let it go. Oh well.  It works for what I paid and what it’s meant to be.   

No comments:

Post a Comment