The first lid I sprayed with chalkboard paint.
She loves to doodle so I thought this would be good on her wall. The second box I covered with black and white fabric. I wasn’t sure how to make this stay. Staples? Tacky glue? Hot glue gun? I did what any normal person would do and posted on Facebook to ask my friends what they would recommend. Meanwhile, I tried the first box with tacky glue since that was easily accessible in my craft box. This worked but it was kind of a pain in the box top, if you know what I mean. After I glued the edges underneath I used clothes pins to help it stay in place while drying. I received a few Facebook suggestions for spray adhesive and figured it couldn’t be any worse than the tacky glue. It did, in fact, work like a dream! So easy! I should’ve ironed the pink fabric to get the crease out but I figure it may work itself out over time. Other than that, I’m counting it as a success since it cost $2, took me under an hour and it looks pretty sweet on the wall in her room. Score.