Monday, October 22, 2012

Holy salty sweet ooey gooey goodness!

Review by Lyndee:
If I've said it once, I will say it again, I will find any way to alter and enjoy my love of scotcharoos.  I mean seriously, who doesn't love them?  If you don’t, I would recommend an evaluation.  Or better yet, don’t like them, more for me! Ha!  Yesterday we were invited to our friend Joel & Koy’s for dinner.  She made a delicious pho and I wanted to bring something to share.  Rob suggested a dessert. I saw this one on pinterest and knew that I had to try it.  It was elementary school easy and they turned out awesome!

10 ounce bag of corn chips (Fritos or generic)
1 cup light caro syrup
1 cup sugar
1 cup creamy peanut butter

Chocolate chips or almond bark

Grease a cake pan and pour in the corn chips.  On the stove bring sugar and syrup to a boil.  Cook for 2 minutes, stirring often so it doesn't burn.  Remove from heat and add the peanut butter.  Poor this over the corn chips.  Drizzle with melted chocolate chips or almond bark. 

Yeah, that’s it.  How simple is that?  They received many kudos from our hosts and were a hit. I will definitely make these again when I need an easy and delicious treat to share!  The salty corn chips add a fun twist to your normal scotcharoo and the sweet chocolate is a great contrast too.  I can’t wait to make these for my dad because that man loves corn chips. 

No comments:

Post a Comment